If you’re a fan of Philly cheese steak sandwiches but want to enjoy the flavors differently, then you’re in for a treat! This Philly Cheese Steak Casserole recipe is a delightful twist on the classic dish, providing all the cheesy, meaty goodness you love in a convenient and easy-to-make casserole format.
Perfect for busy weeknights or when you’re craving a comforting meal, this recipe will satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling fully satisfied. Let’s dive into the details of this mouthwatering casserole!
To prepare this Philly Cheese Steak Casserole, you’ll need the following kitchen equipment:
- 9×9 Baking dish
- Mixing bowl
Recipe Tips and Variations:
- Shortcut: If you’re short on time, you can use pre-chopped bell peppers and minced garlic from the grocery store. This will save you some prep work and get the casserole in the oven even faster.
- Recipe Swap: While provolone cheese adds a rich and melty texture to the casserole, you can experiment with different cheese options. Swiss or mozzarella cheese can be excellent alternatives, providing their unique flavors to the dish.
- Make It Spicy: If you prefer a little heat, consider adding some sliced jalapeños or crushed red pepper flakes to the meat and vegetable mixture. It will give your casserole a spicy kick that complements the other flavors beautifully.
To create this delectable Philly Cheese Steak Casserole, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 ½ lb. Ground beef
- 2 Bell peppers, chopped
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Seasoned salt
- 8 Slices provolone cheese
- 4 Large eggs
- ¼ C. Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Step 1: Preparing the Meat and Vegetables
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove. Add the ground beef to the skillet and start browning the meat.
Once the meat is partially browned, it’s time to add the onions and bell peppers to the skillet. Cook everything together until the meat is completely browned and the vegetables have started to soften.
Step 2: Adding Flavorful Touches
To enhance the taste of the casserole, sprinkle the seasoned salt and minced garlic over the meat and vegetable mixture in the skillet. Saute for another 30 seconds to allow the flavors to meld together. Once done, drain any excess grease from the skillet.
Step 3: Assembling the Casserole
Now it’s time to assemble the casserole. Begin by greasing a 9×9 baking dish to prevent sticking. Layer the beef mixture at the bottom of the dish, spreading it evenly. On top of the beef, place the slices of provolone cheese, covering the meat entirely.
Step 4: The Creamy Finishing Touch
In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy whipping cream, Worcestershire sauce, and eggs until well combined. Pour this creamy mixture over the meat and cheese in the baking dish, ensuring it is evenly distributed.
Step 5: Baking to Perfection
Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the casserole is cooked through. The top should be golden brown and bubbling, indicating that it’s ready to be served.