If you’re a fan of the sweet, nutty goodness of pecan praline pie, get ready to embark on a culinary adventure that combines all those flavors in a unique and delightful way. Our Pecan Praline Pie Bark is a quick and easy treat that captures the essence of this classic Southern dessert in a convenient, shareable form. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is a winner.
Who is this Recipe For?
This recipe is for anyone who appreciates the rich, caramelized flavor of pecan praline pie but wants a simpler way to enjoy it. It’s perfect for:
- Home Bakers: If you enjoy baking and want to try something new and impressive, this recipe is a great choice.
- Busy Cooks: With minimal prep and baking time, this bark is perfect for those with a hectic schedule who still want to enjoy a homemade dessert.
- Party Hosts: Impress your guests with this unique sweet treat at your next gathering or potluck.
- Gift Givers: Pecan Praline Pie Bark makes a delightful homemade gift for friends and family.
So, let’s dive into the details of this scrumptious treat.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Before you embark on this culinary journey, gather the following ingredients:
- 2 sleeves (about 20 or so) of honey graham crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of chopped pecans
Now, let’s get cooking! Follow these simple steps to create your Pecan Praline Pie Bark:
Step 1: Preheat and Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly mist it with cooking spray.
- Place the honey graham crackers evenly on the foil, breaking them apart if necessary to fill any gaps. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Praline Mixture
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes to create a rich caramel sauce.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and the chopped pecans, ensuring they are evenly coated in the bubbling mixture.
Step 3: Bake and Cool
- Carefully pour the hot praline mixture over the graham cracker sheets.
- Work quickly to spread the mixture around with a spoon or offset spatula, ensuring that the graham crackers are evenly coated.
- Bake the bark in the preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until the mixture becomes bubbly.
- Allow the bark to cool to room temperature before breaking it into pieces.
Tips and Shortcuts
- Time-Saving Tip: To save time, you can use pre-chopped pecans available in most grocery stores.
- Flavor Variation: Experiment with different extracts like almond or maple for a unique twist on the classic flavor.
- Chocolate Drizzle: For an extra layer of decadence, melt some chocolate and drizzle it over the cooled bark before breaking it into pieces.
Storing Your Pecan Praline Pie Bark
To keep your Pecan Praline Pie Bark fresh and delicious, store any leftovers in an airtight container. You can keep it at room temperature for a few days, but if you want to extend its shelf life, refrigerate it for up to two weeks. For even longer storage, consider freezing it in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.