This low-carb bacon cheeseburger casserole is a hearty, satisfying dish that brings the classic flavors of a cheeseburger to your table in a form that fits into a low-carb lifestyle. Enjoy this comforting meal with a side salad or your favorite low-carb vegetables for a complete and balanced dinner.
Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is the perfect comfort dish. You won’t even miss the hamburger bun after trying this amazing recipe! This cheesy low-carb casserole is full of cheese, ground beef, and bacon. It is a meat lover’s dream!
While you can’t eat cheeseburgers with a traditional bun on the keto diet, this delicious low-carb bacon cheeseburger casserole is sure to curb your cravings.
There is something so satisfying about a good bacon cheeseburger. Layers of meat, cheese, and bacon -seriously, it’s just an amazing combination! Even my husband who is not on a low-carb diet loves this cheesy low-carb bacon cheeseburger casserole.
Low-Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe:
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound cooked bacon, cut into pieces
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounces) package of shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the Oven: Begin by setting your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) to preheat.
- Brown the Beef: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, minced garlic, and onion powder. Cook, stirring frequently, until the beef is browned and crumbly, which should take about 5 to 7 minutes. Once done, drain off any excess grease and discard it.
- Prepare the Casserole Base: Transfer the browned beef to the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle the cooked bacon pieces over the beef, distributing them well.
- Mix the Egg Layer: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, and black pepper until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Stir in 8 ounces of the shredded Cheddar cheese into the egg mixture.
- Assemble the Casserole: Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the beef and bacon layers in the casserole dish, ensuring an even spread. Finish by topping the casserole with the remaining 4 ounces of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake: Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is set.
- Serve: Allow the casserole to cool slightly before serving, giving the layers time to set for easier slicing.