Looking for a satisfying and flavorful casserole that combines the goodness of loaded baked potatoes and succulent chicken? Look no further than Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole! This delicious dish brings together tender chicken, crispy potatoes, melted cheese, savory bacon, and fresh green onions to create a mouthwatering meal that will please the whole family. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of preparing this hearty casserole, along with some helpful tips, variations, and storage suggestions. Let’s get started!
To make Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 kg of chicken breast
- 8 potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
For the toppings, you’ll need:
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup diced green onion
- Preheat your oven to 500°F (260°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Mix well to create a flavorful marinade.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and add them to the bowl with the marinade. Toss the potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- Spray a 9×13-inch (23×33 cm) baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking dish, leaving any excess marinade in the bowl. Spread the potatoes evenly in the dish.
- Cook the potatoes in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure even cooking and crispiness.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut the chicken breast into cubes and add them to the bowl with the remaining marinade. Toss the chicken until it is well coated.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the grated cheese, crumbled bacon, and diced green onion. This will be the delicious topping for your casserole.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and crispy, remove the baking dish from the oven. Carefully add the marinated chicken on top of the cooked potatoes, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese, bacon, and green onion mixture over the chicken, covering it entirely.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once cooked, remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- For an extra burst of flavor, you can marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before adding it to the casserole. This will enhance the taste and tenderness of the chicken.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or Monterey Jack, depending on your preference.
- If you prefer a milder heat, you can reduce the amount of hot sauce or choose a milder variety.
- Customize the toppings to your liking. Consider adding sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, or sour cream for additional flavor and texture.
If you happen to have any leftovers of this hearty Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, cover the casserole with aluminum foil to prevent drying out, and warm it in the oven at a low temperature until heated through. Enjoy the leftovers as a quick and satisfying meal option.
Food and Drink Pairings
Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole pairs well with a variety of side dishes and beverages. Here are a few suggestions:
- Serve it with a fresh green salad and crusty bread for a complete and balanced meal.
- Enjoy it with a side of steamed vegetables, such as broccoli or green beans, to add a nutritious element to your plate.
- Pair it with a refreshing iced tea or a light-bodied beer to complement the flavors of the casserole.