Are you craving a sweet treat but short on time? Look no further than Lazy Cake Cookies! This simple yet delightful recipe is perfect for those moments when you want something delicious without the hassle of traditional baking.
With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, you can enjoy soft and chewy cookies that are sure to impress. Whether you’re a busy parent, a college student, or simply someone who appreciates the ease and taste of homemade treats, Lazy Cake Cookies are the answer to your dessert cravings.
Why Lazy Cake Cookies Are Great
Lazy Cake Cookies are a fantastic option for several reasons. First and foremost, they are incredibly easy to make. With only five main ingredients and a straightforward process, you can whip up a batch of these cookies in no time. This recipe is perfect for those who don’t consider themselves skilled bakers but still want to enjoy homemade goodies.
Another great aspect of Lazy Cake Cookies is their versatility. While the base recipe calls for chocolate chips, you can experiment with different mix-ins to suit your preferences. Try using white chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruits, or even shredded coconut for a unique twist. The possibilities are endless, and you can tailor the cookies to your liking or customize them for different occasions.
Lazy Cake Cookies also make for a convenient option when you’re hosting a party or gathering. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to yield larger batches, ensuring there’s enough to go around. Plus, these cookies stay soft and chewy for several days, making them ideal for preparing in advance.
In addition to the ingredients, you’ll require the following kitchen equipment:
- 9×13-inch baking dish
- Butter or nonstick spray for greasing
- Large mixing bowl
- Spatula or spoon for mixing
- Toothpick for testing doneness
Tips and Variations
- For a twist on the classic recipe, try using different flavors of cake mix. Chocolate, vanilla, or even lemon cake mix can add a unique taste to your Lazy Cake Cookies.
- Experiment with various mix-ins and toppings to customize your cookies. Sprinkles, crushed cookies, or a drizzle of caramel or melted chocolate can take these treats to the next level.
- If you prefer a different type of chocolate, feel free to swap the chocolate chips with white chocolate, dark chocolate, or butterscotch chips.
- Don’t limit yourself to just chocolate chips. Consider adding nuts, dried fruits, or shredded coconut to add texture and extra flavor.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray to prevent sticking.
In a large bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, beaten eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
Add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly. You can use a spatula or the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. To check if the cookies are done, insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean or with only a few crumbs clinging to it, the cookies are ready.
Once baked, remove the baking dish from the oven and let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes. This will allow them to set and become easier to slice.
After cooling, slice the cookies into squares or rectangles of your desired size. Serve and enjoy!