If you’re in the mood for a delightful treat that’s both easy to make and incredibly satisfying, our Easy Nougat Bars are the answer. With just four simple ingredients, these bars are perfect for when you’re short on time but still craving something sweet. They make a great addition to your holiday dessert platter or as a quick and delicious snack. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of creating these delightful bars and share some handy tips for the perfect result. So, let’s dive into the world of easy nougat bars!
Who Will Love These Nougat Bars?
Easy Nougat Bars are a fantastic choice for anyone with a sweet tooth, busy schedules, or a craving for a simple yet delightful treat. They’re perfect for:
- Home bakers looking for a quick and easy dessert option.
- Holiday hosts seeking a crowd-pleasing addition to their festive spread.
- Anyone who loves the combination of creamy nougat and chewy gumdrops.
- Individuals in need of a last-minute homemade gift.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the ingredients required to whip up these scrumptious nougat bars.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To create these Easy Nougat Bars, gather the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 (225-gram) bags of white chocolate chips
- 2 (250-gram) bags of mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped red and green gumdrops
With these four simple ingredients, you’re well on your way to a delicious treat. Let’s proceed with the recipe instructions.
- Start by preparing an 8×8 square baking dish. Line it with parchment paper, ensuring that there’s some overhang for easy removal later.
- Next, cut the red and green gumdrops in half and set them aside.
- In a saucepan, create a double boiler by placing a heatproof bowl over another saucepan of gently simmering water. Make sure that the bowl and pan fit together snugly to prevent any water or steam from getting into the mixture.
- In the heatproof bowl, combine the butter, white chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows. Continuously stir the mixture over indirect medium heat until it’s smooth and all the ingredients are melted together. The goal is to melt the mixture, not cook or boil it. Be patient and avoid overheating.
- Once the mixture is smooth and fully combined, remove it from the heat source and allow it to cool for about 2 minutes.
- Now, stir in the halved gumdrops, making sure they are well distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the nougat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Keep in mind that the mixture will be quite sticky, so you can use a lightly greased piece of parchment paper or wax paper to help spread and pat it down evenly in the pan.
- Refrigerate the dish for at least 2 hours, or overnight for the best results.
- Once the nougat has set, remove it from the baking dish using the parchment paper overhang. Place it on a cutting board.
- Slice the nougat into 60 bite-sized pieces. To make cutting easier, you can lightly grease your knife with cooking spray.
- To store the nougat bars, use parchment paper between the layers to prevent them from sticking together.
- While working with the gumdrops, you can dust them with a bit of cornstarch to prevent them from sticking together.
- If you prefer a particular flavor or color of gumdrops, feel free to use those instead. Customizing the nougat bars is part of the fun!