Monkey Bread is a classic and irresistible sweet treat that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a delightful dessert. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this Easy Monkey Bread recipe will fill your kitchen with the aroma of cinnamon and sugar as it bakes to golden perfection. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of making this delicious pull-apart bread. Get ready to indulge in a warm and gooey delight that will have everyone coming back for more!
To make Easy Monkey Bread, gather the following ingredients:
- 3 (12-ounce) packages of refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease a 9 or 10-inch tube or Bundt pan to prevent sticking.
- In a plastic bag, mix the white sugar and ground cinnamon. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar-cinnamon mixture until coated. Arrange the coated biscuit pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Repeat this process until all the biscuits are coated and placed in the pan. If you’re using walnuts or raisins, you can sprinkle them among the biscuit pieces as you go along, adding an extra layer of flavour and texture.
- In a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it boil for 1 minute. This caramel-like mixture will add a sweet and sticky glaze to the monkey bread.
- Pour the melted margarine and brown sugar mixture over the biscuits in the pan, ensuring that it is evenly distributed.
- Bake the monkey bread at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) for approximately 35 minutes, or until it is golden brown and bubbling.
- Once the monkey bread is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. This resting time allows the flavours to meld together and makes it easier to remove the bread from the pan.
- After 10 minutes, carefully turn the monkey bread out onto a plate. Remember not to cut into the bread as it is meant to be pulled apart, creating bite-sized pieces that are perfect for sharing.
- For an extra flavor boost, consider adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the melted margarine and brown sugar mixture.
- You can customize your monkey bread by incorporating other ingredients such as chopped pecans, almonds, or dried fruit for added texture and taste.
- To make the monkey bread even more decadent, drizzle a simple powdered sugar glaze or cream cheese frosting over the top once it has cooled slightly.
Easy Monkey Bread is delicious on its own, but you can take it to the next level with these serving suggestions:
- Serve the warm monkey bread as a centerpiece for a cozy brunch or breakfast gathering. It’s sure to be a hit among your family and friends.
- Pair the monkey bread with a hot cup of coffee or tea for a delightful morning treat.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream to each serving for a luscious dessert option.
Easy Monkey Bread is a simple and scrumptious treat that’s perfect for any occasion. With its sweet and gooey texture, this pull-apart bread will quickly become a family favourite. Whether you’re indulging in it for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, the cinnamon and sugar-coated biscuit pieces will surely satisfy your cravings.
Give this recipe a try and enjoy the warm, comforting goodness of Easy Monkey Bread. Don’t forget to share this delightful recipe with your loved ones and invite them to experience the joy of homemade monkey bread. Enjoy every sweet and pull-apart bite!