Indulge in the sweet and caramelized goodness of Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake. This delectable cake combines the rich flavors of brown sugar, butter, toffee chips, and pecans to create a moist and irresistible treat. Topped with a luscious caramel drizzle, this pound cake is sure to impress your taste buds and satisfy your dessert cravings. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of making this delightful cake, along with some helpful tips and serving suggestions. Let’s dive in!
To make Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (8-ounce) bag toffee chips (such as Heath)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
For the Caramel Drizzle, you’ll need:
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray or grease and dust it with flour to ensure easy release of the cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy. Add the light brown sugar and granulated sugar, and continue beating until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the batter, alternating with the whole milk. Beat until just combined, making sure not to overmix.
- Stir in the toffee chips and chopped pecans, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared Bundt pan, smoothing the top with a spatula for an even finish.
- Bake the cake for approximately 85 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. To prevent excess browning, cover the cake with foil while baking.
- Once the cake is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, carefully remove the cake from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the Caramel Drizzle. In a medium saucepan, combine the sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 8 minutes, whisking frequently to prevent burning. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla extract. Let the caramel drizzle cool for 5 minutes before using.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, spoon the prepared caramel drizzle over the top of the cake, allowing it to cascade down the sides for a beautiful presentation.
- Slice and serve the Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake, savoring each moist and caramel-infused bite!
- Ensure that the butter is softened at room temperature for easier incorporation into the batter.
- For added texture and crunch, you can toast the chopped pecans before adding them to the batter.
- Be sure to monitor the caramel drizzle closely while simmering to prevent scorching. Whisk frequently and adjust the heat as needed.
Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake is a delightful dessert on its own, but you can enhance the experience with some additional serving suggestions:
- Serve each slice of cake with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent treat.
- Garnish the cake with additional toffee chips and chopped pecans for added visual appeal and texture.
- Pair the pound cake with a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a warm mug of hot chocolate for a cozy and indulgent dessert experience.
Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake is a true delight for those with a sweet tooth. The combination of brown sugar, butter, toffee chips, and pecans creates a moist and flavorful cake that is elevated by the rich caramel drizzle. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply indulging in a well-deserved treat, this pound cake is sure to impress. Enjoy the buttery, caramel-infused goodness and share this recipe with your friends and family. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more delightful recipes. Happy baking!