If you’re a fan of the iconic Big Mac sandwich and the comforting goodness of tater tots, then you’re in for a treat! This Big Mac Tater Tot Casserole recipe combines the flavors of a Big Mac with the crispy goodness of tater tots, resulting in a mouthwatering dish that will satisfy your cravings.
Whether you’re planning a family dinner or a casual get-together with friends, this casserole is sure to impress. So, let’s dive into the recipe and discover how to make this delectable dish step by step.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
To prepare this delicious casserole, you’ll need the following kitchen equipment:
Tips and Variations
- For a lighter version of this casserole, you can use ground turkey instead of beef.
- If you prefer a spicier kick, add some diced jalapeños to the ground beef mixture.
- To make the casserole extra cheesy, sprinkle some additional shredded cheese on top of the tater tots before baking.
- You can customize the toppings to suit your taste. Consider adding sliced tomatoes, chopped onions, or even bacon bits.
Big Mac Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced dill pickle
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese blend
- 24 oz frozen tater tots
- For the topping:
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large sauté pan, heat a dab of margarine or butter over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and crumble it well as it cooks.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat and drain the excess grease.
- Add the Thousand Island dressing, mayo, diced onion, diced dill pickle, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the pan with the beef. Stir until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and spread the ground beef mixture evenly in it.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the beef.
- Arrange the frozen tater tots in a single layer on top of the cheese.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes, or until the tater tots are golden brown.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the shredded lettuce on top.
- Drizzle the Thousand Island dressing over the lettuce.
- Serve the Big Mac Tater Tot Casserole and enjoy!