Welcome to my food blog, where I share delicious recipes and culinary tips for food enthusiasts. Today, I have an irresistible recipe that will take your taste buds on a flavorful journey.
These Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and bursting with savory flavors. They are the perfect side dish for any meal, whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a tasty snack. Let’s dive into the recipe and uncover the secrets to making these mouthwatering potato wedges.
Who Will Love This Recipe?
This recipe is suitable for anyone who enjoys a combination of garlic, parmesan, and perfectly baked potatoes. Whether you’re a foodie looking to impress your guests or a busy home cook seeking a quick and flavorful side dish, these Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges will satisfy your cravings.
This recipe is beginner-friendly and requires minimal ingredients and preparation time. It’s also a fantastic choice for those following a vegetarian or gluten-free diet.
To make these delicious potato wedges, you’ll need the following kitchen equipment:
- Large baking sheet
- Knife for slicing potatoes
- Large bowl for tossing potatoes
- Small bowl for mixing seasonings
- Whisk or fork for combining seasonings
- Measuring spoons
- Spatula for flipping potatoes during baking
Tips and Variations
- For an extra kick of flavor, sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper or smoked paprika over the potato wedges before baking.
- Experiment with different cheese varieties such as cheddar, mozzarella, or a blend of your favorites.
- If you prefer a lighter version, try brushing the potato wedges with melted butter instead of olive oil.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice over the potato wedges before serving to brighten the flavors.
If you happen to have any leftover potato wedges, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To maintain their crispness, it’s best to store them separately from any dipping sauce.
When you’re ready to enjoy the leftovers, simply reheat them in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes until they are warmed through. However, keep in mind that the texture may not be as crispy as when they were freshly baked.
Food and Drink Pairings
These Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges pair well with a variety of dishes and beverages. Here are a few suggestions to enhance your culinary experience:
- Burgers: Serve the potato wedges alongside juicy beef, chicken, or veggie burgers for a satisfying and well-rounded meal.
- Grilled Meats: They make an excellent side dish for grilled steaks, chops, or chicken, adding a delightful contrast of flavors and textures.
- Sandwiches: Enjoy them with your favorite sandwiches, such as grilled cheese, pulled pork, or even a classic BLT.
- Beer or Wine: These potato wedges are a fantastic match for a cold beer, especially a crisp lager or an IPA. If you prefer wine, a light-bodied white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or a fruity red like Beaujolais complements them nicely.
- 3-4 large russet potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Optional: fresh parsley (or cilantro)
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set it aside.
Place the potato wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil and toss gently to ensure each wedge is evenly coated.
In a small bowl, whisk together salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the potato wedges, tossing them gently to ensure the seasonings are evenly distributed.
Sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese over the potato wedges, tossing once again to coat them evenly with the cheese.
Arrange the potato wedges on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer with the skin sides facing down.
Bake the potato wedges for 25-35 minutes, or until they are fork-tender and golden brown.
Once baked, remove the potato wedges from the oven and sprinkle them with freshly chopped parsley. Serve them alongside ranch or blue cheese dressing for a delightful dipping experience.